Effective: July 31, 2014
Questions and Concerns
Donors Outside of the United States
SPSA does not intentionally gather Personal information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits Personal information through the Site and we learn that the Personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect
SPSA may collect and process the following information about you:
• Information (such as your name, email and postal address, telephone number, sex, and country of residence) that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you register and create an account as an applicant or user of the Site (“Account”), upload or submit any material through the Site, or request any information
• When you seek a donation on the Site, we will collect information necessary to determine your eligibility, including your name, address, social security number, credit card information, billing information, and other pertinent information.
• If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send a reply.
• The information you provide if you create an Account, such as your profile photo and any other information you choose to make public on your public profile page (“Profile”).
• Information that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, product registration number, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Service.
• Information that we collect via technology as set forth in the section titled “Technology” below.
• We may receive information from Facebook, Google+, or another social networking site (“SNS”) to make it easier for you to create an Account on our Site and show our relevant content from your Facebook or other SNS friends.
Use of Your Personal Information
SPSA will use the personal information you provide to:
• Identify you when you sign into your Account.
• Enable us to provide you with services.
• Send you information we think you may find useful or that you request.
• Administer your Account with us.
• Enable us to contact you regarding any question you make through the Site.
• Analyze the use of the Site and the people visiting to improve our content and the Site.
• Use for other purposes that we may disclose to you when we request your information.
• Protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
Sharing of Personal Information
SPSA does not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
• With third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work for us and need access to your personal information to do that work;
• In connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company.
SPSA may also share aggregated or deidentified information.
Your Information Choices and Changes
The Service allows donors to create Accounts using third-party services like Facebook and Google+. Additionally the Service allows donors to access various social networking services (“SNS”) such as Facebook, to interact with friends and to share Service related information. We never post any personal information to one of your SNS without your permission.
SPSA uses various technologies to enhance your experience on our Site. Cookies are small pieces of information that a website sends to your computer’s hard drive while you are viewing the website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs. Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Site. Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier that are used to track online movements of Web users, similar to Cookies. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users’ personal information.
Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose in public areas of the Site, such as in your application or your Profile, becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. You should exercise caution before disclosing your personal information through these public venues.
Security of Your Personal information
We are committed to protecting the security of your Personal information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your Account information. Please do not disclose your Account password to unauthorized people. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while Company uses reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, Company cannot guarantee its absolute security.